Las Vegas Blog
Since it's seriously hot out there in Vegas today, we decided to sweat out today's blog by thinking about cool thoughts - namely, the best places to grab an ice cream cone in Las Vegas.
After all, nothing says "summer" like a sundae, and aside from a frozen margarita enjoyed under a misting station poolside, we can't think of anything more refreshing on a July afternoon in Las Vegas.
Now, before the heat gets to our head, here are our favorite ice cream spots in Las Vegas, in no particular order...
- Serendipity 3 outside of Caesars Palace is a notorious dessert stop, but did you know they're also famous for their refreshing frozen treats? Just look at the sundae they concocted on their home page. While many come for their famous "Frozen Hot Chocolate", their sundaes are can't miss items and are big enough to share. Plus, the location is pretty unbeatable if you're on this side of the Strip, and you can survive in enjoy the shaded tents and tables on top of the Spanish Steps out front.
- The Ice Pan at Harrah's is mid-summer dream come true, PLUS it's open deep into the night. (Like any Las Vegas venue should.) Not only can you see the ice cream being made right before your very eyes, but you actually get to taste REAL, made-on-the-spot ice cream. The Ice Pan takes it back to the ole' days; the only thing missing are cows. Choose your dairy, your flavors and toppings and enjoy a big cone from $5.95 until 2am on weekends.
- Lappert's Ice Cream is located a little off the beaten path on Ogen Ave at the California Hotel and Casino, but it's more than worth it when you see the thermometer rising well over 100 degrees. Enjoy a huge cone for around $3, a typically-awesome Downtown Las Vegas price...
- We'll stay Downtown and check out Luv-It Frozen Custard which, admittedly, isn't "technically" ice cream. This popular mom and pop ice cream shop on East Oakley Boulevard has been a staple of Downtown Las Vegas for years. The prudct is a little thicker than your standard ice cream cone (but just as cold); just remember to bring some cash to this Vegas ice cream joint as they don't take credit cards.
- Last but not least, the Vosges Haut-Chocolat Shop at the Caesars Forum Shops may be known for their gourmet chocolates, but did you know they serve ice cream, too? After a long journey down Las Vegas Boulevard, Vosges ice cream will hit the spot, plus you can eat inside... You know, in the air conditioning, totally shielded from the sun... Hey, you can get some rays at the pool later. For now, just kick back and enjoy your ice cream from the comfort of the indoors.
Now that you know where to go, be sure to tell us how your Vegas ice cream experience was by dropping us a line on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. If you had more than dessert in mind, check out our Las Vegas hotel promotions for dining specials, including buffet deals, dining credits and more!
Oh, and stay cool out there... We here tomorrow's another scorcher.