Las Vegas Blog
What could be better than an extra day in Las Vegas? If you’re heading to Las Vegas on the long weekend for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, you’re bound to have a good time. Since most companies have January 21st as a day off, the Martin Luther King, Jr. day long weekend always tends to be pretty busy. This MLK weekend, we hope to help you enjoy that extra day in Vegas as much as possible. Here are some things you can’t miss for the Martin Luther King Day 2013 long weekend in Las Vegas:
1. Don’t miss the 31st Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parade in Las Vegas. While you may be thinking about heading home on Monday, spending your day off in Vegas for this parade instead will definitely be worth it. The Las Vegas parade honoring Dr. King is one of America’s biggest MLK parades and typically has thousands of people lining Fourth Street. The parade starts at 10AM, and will head north from Fourth Street to Ogden, so make sure you get there to see the whole procession! The theme of this year’s parade is “Living the Dream: Dream with a Vision; Live with a Purpose,” and is sponsored by MGM Resorts International.
2. Since it’s a long weekend, you probably have an extra night in Las Vegas. Why not spend it seeing a Las Vegas Show? While this show isn’t related to Martin Luther King, its theme of love and friendship certainly is. With tickets starting at $79, the Las Vegas Circue Du Soleil show The Beatles LOVE at the Las Vegas Mirage is a great option for any ages. Shows run at 7:00PM or 9:30 PM, and you can enjoy this magical Circue du Soleil show any night of the long MLK weekend in Vegas.
3. Vegas can tend to be expensive in general, and since long holiday weekends tend to hike up the prices on just about everything, we’ve looked into some free things to do in Las Vegas for MLK weekend. Many of the Las Vegas hotels have free shows and tours:
- One of the free things to do in Las Vegasfor the long weekend is the Fall of Atlantis show at Caesars Palace Las Vegas Forum Shops. Enjoy the 7 minute show as a break from browsing the stores. The Volcano eruption is always a hit for the kids, and at 1:15pm and 5:15pm every day you can go watch the diver hand feed the sea creatures at the aquarium.
- The Bellagio Botanical Gardens at the Las Vegas Bellagio Hotel and Casino. This 24 hour exhibit is one of the most popular free Las Vegas attractions. Come enjoy the spectacular plants and floral displays from all over the world. Make sure to go during the late evening or early morning, as this attraction will be especially busy over the long weekend.
- With the high holiday weekend prices and perhaps some losses at the casino, the Las Vegas Venetian Preview Studios is always a great place visit in Las Vegas. Visitors get to view television pilots and test products and are paid for feeback! The demonstration usually takes between 15-45 minutes, and it’s available for all ages.
Check out the Las Vegas promo codes that can save you some money for your long weekend vacation in Vegas. If you’ve heard of any other great things to do in Las Vegas for MLK weekend, let us know! Early Vegas is on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ with daily updates on how to save money in Vegas!
This article was written by travel expert Ariel Abbott, editor of EarlyVegas.com.