Las Vegas Restaurants | Las Vegas Buffets | Food in Vegas
Cost Per Meal
Cost Per Meal
Las Vegas Restaurants
Some of the best restaurants in Las Vegas are actually some of the best in the world, making a vacation here the perfect time to please your palate. From five-star prix fixe menus to cheap Vegas buffets to trendy celebrity hot spots, the food in Vegas has every type of cuisine you could consider -- and lots of it!
Even with a plethora of ubiquitous but popular Las Vegas buffets, recently this city has developed a reputation as one of the culinary capitals of the world. Almost every celebrity chef owns a fine-dining restaurant in the Las Vegas, and many of them have several. Take advantage of all the spectacular cuisine, upscale decor and unique atmospheres that the best Las Vegas restaurants have to offer.
Fine Dining in Las Vegas
With the incredible title “Chef of the Century”, Joel Robuchon is a living legend. His exquisite culinary creations can be found at his self-titled fine-dining Las Vegas restaurant inside the MGM Grand Resort and Casino.
- The Decor: Masterfully decorated in luxury, the restaurant’s art deco-style town house features black and white checkered marble, a garden terrace with a vertical wall of greenery and a stunning chandelier that serves as the focal point.
- Upscale Cuisine: The 16-course tasting menu experience is like none of the other popular Las Vegas restaurants we know of. You will be enthralled more and more by each intricate course that arrives. Be sure to watch out for the Dessert Trolley that winds throughout tables with decadent sweet treats.
Inside Knowledge: Joel Robuchon was awarded the rare and prestigious three-star Michelin rating. This is the only restaurant in Las Vegas and one of only 81 on Earth to ever receive this honor.
As one of the most unique Las Vegas restaurants we know of, Switch inside the Encore provides more then good food in Vegas, it’s also a complete show. Perfect for those who are easily bored, this fine-dining French restaurant in Vegas literally switches its surroundings three times an hour.
- Themes: With the ceiling and walls controlled by highly-advanced mechanics, Switch rotates three completely different themes in a dramatic fashion every 20-25 minutes. This upscale Las Vegas steakhouse features the settings of an Italian villa, French Renaissance and an open atmosphere looking out onto Encore’s atrium.
- Steakhouse Cuisine: Austria-born Chef Rene Lenger oversees a fancy menu full of exceptional flavors including our favorite dishes the 16 oz. New York strip, the Chilean sea bass and the chocolate lava cake dessert.
Inside Knowledge: Opening up in the Encore at Wynn Las Vegas in early 2009, Switch is the only restaurant in Las Vegas that features retractable inter-changing walls and ceilings.
Trendy Las Vegas Restaurants
Serving as a favorite Vegas restaurant and nightclub duo, Lavo in the Palazzo is the latest celebrity hot spot to hit the City of Sin and for good reason. As the newest business venture by the creators of Tao, this swanky, upscale eatery pulls out all the stops including chic decor, mouthwatering cuisine and one of the best patios on the Las Vegas Strip.
- The Vibe: This 20,000-square-foot restaurant features an amazing design aesthetic with a rustic gold and bronze color scheme. Making for a high-energy scene, fun and lively music plays throughout the night. Named Best Patio Experience on the Strip by the Las Vegas Review Journal, Lavo’s open terrace is known as one of the coolest ways to dine in town with stunning views down Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Mouthwatering Cuisine: The modern vibe complements the menu’s contemporary food in Vegas. The large menu features a wide variety of upscale options including pastas, pizzas, steaks and seafood. We recommend the grilled tuna with roasted artichokes or the 12 oz. center cut fillet topped with a green peppercorn sauce.
Inside Knowledge: After finishing an amazing meal, be sure to continue the night at Lavo’s hip Vegas nightclub above the restaurant. All the eateries guests receive complimentary admission into the club.
Shibuya Japanese Restaurant:
Named for the sophisticated urban neighborhood Shibuya, Tokyo, this restaurant holds all of the delicious varieties of Japanese cuisine and showcases them in style at the Vegas MGM Grand. With the direction of Executive Chef Stephane Chevet this restaurant has everything; the wonderful food, the beautiful surroundings, and some of the best restaurant vibes in Las Vegas.
- Unique Flavors: This restaurant brings us the Japanese food we know and love, sushi, sashimi, sake, and does so in style. What sets it apart from other Japanese restaurants are its original food options such as Seaweed Tasting. And don't miss out on the exciting Teppanyaki dinner to get a perfect Las Vegas show with your food - watch the chef chop, stir, and juggle all his tools at the same time!
- Exotic Atmosphere: The sleek interior of this aquatic-themed restaurant features pillars that look like towers of seaweed, huge aquariums with exotic fish, and classy wood walls. The huge glass windows facing the Strip replicate the skyscraper atmosphere of Tokyo while reminding you that all the excitement of Las Vegas is just a walk away.
Inside Knowledge: Shibuya has different sections in the restaurant depending on what you want to eat. Go to the Teppanyaki tables with built-in Teppan grills or the long sushi sampling bar. No matter what you choose, sit back and enjoy the Japanese atmosphere and delicacies.
If none of these favorite Las Vegas restaurants seem to tantalize your taste buds, browse through our comprehensive guide of Las Vegas restaurants and Las Vegas buffets. Early Vegas provides easy access to the most up-to-date, inside information on all the fabulous spots to get the best food in Vegas.